NB - Read comments posted by me on the contest!He now requires a third website that will be built around the themeof Meerkats and will promote his "Meerkat Motivational Talk" to theSouth African market.
Site must have a fixed width of 780px.
Download logo and photos: http://www.jws.co.za/client/meerkatsa.zip
NB!!! Following the example of http://www.meerkat-motivational-speaker.co.uk/ do not use entire photos. Rather blend them into the background or cut around them with a border. This is to prevent people from right clicking on the image and saving it to their computer.
The winning designer will be provided with unwatermarked photos as required.
Style and layout
The style and layout of the third (new) website needs to be different to the two existing websites: http://www.meerkat-motivational-speaker.co.uk/ , http://www.motivational-speakers.co.za/.
We are looking for a creative layout which is still professional. The target market for the Meerkat Motivational Talk is corporates.
Navigation - (horizontal or vertical).
* Home Tunnel (Home Page)
* About the Meerkat Motivator
* Mingle with Meerkats
Include the following on the homepage:
- photo of Estienne de Beer (estienne.jpg in zip file)
- photos of Meerkat included in the design
- 'Sign up for your FREE personal development newsletter' icon
- 'Tell a friend!' icon
- Quick Contact bar (should be renamed to 'Talk to Us') with the following fields (see http://www.meerkat-motivational-speaker.co.uk/ for an example)
---- Topic (drop down)
---- First name
---- Cell number
---- Submit button
- Client Testimonials block to show one testimonial
Dummy text for the homepage: (see http://www.meerkat-motivational-speaker.co.uk/):
The Meerkat Motivator (Main heading)
African wild life motivational talk and slideshow (sub heading)
"Set your next conference on fire with this globally renowned motivational talk. Ancient wisdom has often pointed to the lessons nature can teach us – and now Meerkat Motivation for the Marketplace can show us how to prepare ourselves for sucess in the corporate world. Presented by the infectiously energetic Estienne de Beer, this inspirational talk will astound your next conference or teambuilding event with the lessons we can learn from the charismatic African Meerkat. This award winning motivational speaker and leadership coach, is sure to dazzle with this unique presentation which has taken the way of the Meerkat worldwide, to great acclaim."
"Animal Planet's top billing television show "Meerkat Manor" has fixated viewers in over 160 countries with this real-life tale which reflects the synergic character of Meerkats...
Natural impulses command a flight or fight reaction in the wilds of Africa. Corporates can learn from the Meerkat’s strategy and amazing ability to outsmart dastardly defiant adversaries. Never more apt than in the information age where competion has intensified and the corporate battlefield become more perilous, survival is a familiar feeling in business.
For an hour, Estienne de Beer presents a fixating and exceptionally inspiring visual of these mammals’ masterminds in "Meerkat Motivation for the Marketplace". See how your business can profit from their unprecedented example. With the odds against them daily, Meerkats forge their careers in a 3 square mile sandy environment surrounded by minacious maws and claws; bureaucracy; professional jealousy and competition – making corporate hostile takeovers or business challenges insubstantial compared to the day-by-day expeditions of the skilful Meerkat.
"Meerkat Motivation for the Marketplace" will inspire your next conference or teambuilding event to follow the Meerkat’s way and strive for higher heights – examples of remarkable valour, working together in a cooperative effort, and a tried and tested ability to lead.
Click here to download the 'Meerkat Motivation for the Marketplace' brochure as a PDF
The most renowned of the "Shy 5" animals, the Meerkat’s triumphant victory is because of 5 explicit behavioural patterns, which just happen to be the same "Shy 5" behavioural patterns that are evident or lacking in the workplace:
1. Good Old Fashioned Hard Work – Meerkats spend every day digging – they shift 50 times there own weight in a morning.
2. Rigorous Personal Development – Meerkats function in a learning organization, continually coaching and mentoring one another as they pass on what they know through mutual teaching and training.
3. Unshakeable Courage – Meerkats rally to repel inimical opponents far bigger than themselves.
4. Relentless Teamwork – Meerkats bring new meaning to teamwork by meting out tasks and being masters of cooperation. For the sake of staying alive, they forever validate and reinforce their relationships with each other.
5. Leading from the Front – Meerkats shine in a system based on ability where leadership is by the most seasoned and skilled in the group. The rest of the members are always hot on the heels of their leader. Irrefutably, Meerkats have mastered the art of working together as a winning team."