VolunteerMatch strengthens communities by making it easier for good people and good causes to connect. The organization offers a variety of online services to support a community of nonprofit, volunteer and business leaders committed to civic engagement. Our popular service welcomes millions of visitors a year and has become the preferred internet recruiting tool for more than 75,000 nonprofit organizations
Key Stats: #1 search result for “volunteer” on Google and Yahoo!
100,000,000+ pages served in 2008
73,500+ participating nonprofits & 112 corporate clients
2.5 million registered members
4.5 million volunteer referrals since 1998
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our public site has three audiences:
Primary audience- Volunteers
Secondary Audience- nonprofits seeking to recruit volunteers
Corporations seeking employee volunteer tools.
1. We would like to leave our logo in tact, but any other styling can be adjusted. We’d like the visual design to assist in establishing a clear call to action for volunteers. The action they should be driven to is searching for a place to volunteer. A secondary call to action is for nonprofit administrators to register to recruit volunteers.
2. Adjectives would you use to describe us:
Best in class
3. For the time being we don't think we have the money to properly redesign our logo, but besides that, the existing interface harbors no sacred cows. I'd use our existing style guide as reference, but not as an instruction manual for designing a fresh interface.
4. Avoid using new colors as a way to call out/differentiate functionality/content
5. I’d like to avoid the absolute “flatness” that our site currently conveys. Everything is the same visual weight, so nothing stands out- while everything stands out, in a bad way. It’s all flat and glaring at the same time.
6. Sponsorships must be left in tact and technology partners/donors on a special “sponsors” page and use certain sections of key pages for sponsored content
Home page of our site: http://www.volunteermatch.org
please apply news visual design to existing wire-frames and content. You make take liberties with the current content, if needed, for color consistency and hierarchy.