Aaron Buche & Defining Moments are working towards the first organized attempt in getting Pete Rose reinstated back into baseball. Pete Rose is a sports icon who fell hard: his denial and then admitted gambling has locked him out of baseball forever. But after more than 20 years exiled from the sport, the crime now comes no where near fitting the punishment. We believe there is more to Pete Rose's story, and it is up to Pete to tell that story. It would be a sad day to see Pete Rose pass away, and we not completely acknowledge his many successes on the baseball field, and even the mistakes. We should cherish this man for all his rights and wrongs, so that all of us can learn from his story. We believe his story from this point begins at forgiveness and will end in redemption.
Our plan is to build a following across America that we can send to Major League Baseball and The Commissioner's Office that Pete Rose deserves to be forgiven and granted back into baseball.
Primarily sports fans. This is already a hot-topic issue within the sports arena...I think they will easily listen to this message. But there are other elements: part of our message will be about the concept of 'forgiveness' and 'redemption'. We feel this is a wonderful chance to talk about such worthy aspects of life without having to drag religion into it. So there is an element here that will apply to Christians particularly, and really people of all faiths and walks of life. An athiest can appreciate these messages as much as a Christian, and so we have a common ground amongst a diverse group of people with this message.
The following elements should be on the site:
- The main thrust of the site is to allow people to participate in this cause. A big "Join the Cause" button should be one of the most prominent parts of the site. Show people they can join the cause by sending an email directly to the commissioner, donating to money directly to Operation Pete Rose, buy a limited edition t-shirt and follow us on Twitter,
- Allow people to "Sound Off to the Commissioner" by sending an email directly to the commissioner of baseball.
- an area where people can vote: Should Pete Be in the Hall of Fame? and/or Should Pete be allowed to coach within baseball?..and then people can post comments why or why not that others can see and read.
- Find out about "The Forgiveness Bus"...this is a picture of a red & white VW bus with images of Pete Rose on the bus. Find out more about the Forgiveness Bus by clicking here.
- Main menu should have link tabs for the following "Home", "About Us", "The Forgiveness Bus", "In the News", "Contact Us", "Wear it Well"
- knowledge and passion for Pete Rose and baseball will be beneficial when building this site.
Home Page - this is the introduction to our project. Operation Put Pete Back Into Baseball should be prominent...maybe a camp or military or organized type of style / theme because of the "operation". The main thrust of this page is to build a following, so as I said above we want people to "Join the Cause" so we can stay in touch with them and they can support the cause. I think the VW bus is a iconic type of image, and that should be another area that people easily see on the page.
none. new project.