We have the current site as well as a poor, but more modern design for use as examples for a clean, updated design for a textile and healthcare related company.
The new design should be primarily based on the print-designers mockup, but clearly there are problems with it, hence this contest.
Use a top or side navigation system but not both. I prefer a top navigation but don't let that hinder you if you have an idea for a side nav. There are a lot of links, you should consider that there will be less as we will probably consolidate them or use a drop down menu.
- Approx 980px wide, center aligned fixed width
- Must use this logo http://www.phillipsdata.us/dd/logo.png
- Should be based on this color pallet http://www.phillipsdata.us/dd/pallet.gif
- Should use this http://www.phillipsdata.us/dd/image001.jpg or this http://www.phillipsdata.us/dd/image002.jpg image in the design, either like the print design in the header, or elsewhere.
- Websafe fonts must be used for everything with exception of the logo.
- Going off of the print-designers mockup, no need for the links at the very top, they should be in the footer if they exist at all.
- Think contemporary.
- The final design should be provided in layered Photoshop PSD format
- Old style designs
- Too many font sizes
- Too many colors