This project involves creating a new Ratingworld logo and redesigning the site's 3 primary web pages.
Ratingworld.com is a site that allows users to rate virtually anything and add virtually anything to be rated. The site is very new, our Alpha version was released to the public on February 27, 2009. To learn more, please watch the site tour on Vimeo: (http://vimeo.com/3020209).
The Ratingworld logo to be redesigned can be found on our homepage: (http://ratingworld.com)
The 3 sites to be revamped are as follows:
1. Homepage: (http://ratingworld.com)
2. Sub-topic page, example: (http://ratingworld.com/category/3/t…/show/1721)
3. Entity Page, example: (http://ratingworld.com/category/3/t…show/11031)
YOU JUST HAVE TO SUBMIT ONE OF THE 3 PAGES NOW, PLEASE SUBMIT THE HOMEPAGE. THE OTHER 2 PAGES ARE OPTIONAL AND WILL BE DELIVERED AFTER CONTEST ISFINISHED.
Our goal is to become the best and most comprehensive ratings website on the Internet. So far the concept has proven successful based on initial traffic volume and user feedback. We hope to improve the overall user experience with this redesign.
- Keep the current color scheme intact (light blue, red, various grays, black, beige/tan, standard hyperlink blue, and white)
- Logo can include any of the site's current colors. Feel free to ditch the globe. We don't mind a cartoonish look and aren't opposed to a site mascot. We encourage fun. Try to relate the logo to the site's concept.- Somewhere around or beside the logo include the tag line "rate your world," as well as the word "beta"- Keep titles and content reorganization to a minimum. Feel free to move 'Regions' to the bottom of the homepage, but for the most part keep titles/categories generally in place.- Eliminate the 'GLOBAL' and 'PEOPLE' categories. Thus, you will only be working with 4 categories (REGIONAL, PRODUCTS, MEDIA, ABSTRACT). Try to isolate these categories from one another in clean divided quadrants.- Feel free to find a different spot for the search bar and 'watch a video link.' Perhaps make the video link a clickable thumbnail.- Keep the site's width to 950 pixels.- Rules are made to be broken. if you have something that you feel is really good but doesn't fall into our guidelines, go for it!- The winner's design will be unveiled to the public as part of our beta release (May 15th, 2009.)
- Item 1...