We are looking for a cool new design for our website, that works for our whole range of products; Mountain, road and BMX bikes, as well as our new expansion into scooters and skate gear.
We want to put heavy emphasis on our online store, while still being a portal for people looking for info on the brands we stock, our locations, etc.
We’re looking for the DESIGN ONLY, no need to code!
- Trying to create a website that puts emphasis on the online store, without losing consumers who want to come visit our physical shops (we have two locations)
- Looking for the design of a front page (you can design other pages if they are integral to your design, but this is not necessary).
- Our old site has a lot of detail on it (on the front page) and we want it to be visually more appealing
- We want to display our brand logos prominently on the front page. Our brand logos and other relevant material can be found at http://www.fortheriders.com/logos
- We have done a brief sketch of where we would like the key elements placed on the front page. It can be found at http://www.fortheriders.com/logos/L…tBrief.jpg
- I am open to suggestions, some elements may be moved around if you think it would look better....
- A .PSD (or similar) file of the first page.
- The design should be “repeatable” (ie: only the centre content frame will change substantially from page to page).
- Keep it clean and neat
- The centre section (which should include text and "featured products", though preferably not be very long ie. require lots of scrolling) would probably be best white.
- You can use riding pictures throughout (all our staff compete and we sponsor a number of riders). These are found on http://www.fortheriders.com/logos/
- I am open to suggestions re: colours, but our corporate colour is the red used on our current site (with grey, white and black) and this theme should be continued.
- Needs to be easier to read / peruse than our current site.
- I like these sites:
- http://www.skaterhq.com.au to using a similar layout, and like the use of the background). Could be open to playing around with our layout to make it more like this.
- http://www.clawsandpaws.com.au (i like the integration of the shopping cart section into the header, and the general 'flow' of the site. Also could utilise all the spare space on the right hand side...)
- http://www.thenoshpeople.com.au (like the faded background and the menu bars).
- http://www.soluxurious.com.au/ (especially the header section)
- http://store.apple.com/us (neat looking online store)
- These are sites I don’t want to model our new site on:
- http://www.bikemagic.com/ (too cluttered)
- http://www.ebags.com/ ( I don’t like the product listing down the left hand side)
- http://www.wiggle.co.uk/default.aspx?cat=cycle (product listing down the left hand side; far too long).