We are looking for a home page to promote (yet another) self-help book. The design should create a sense of inspiration, enlightenment and wisdom. Although this is not a social site, a Web 2.0 feel would be preferred.
Preference given to entrants who can code the page in HTML and CSS. $300 is offered for a design only, and $500 is offered for a coded page.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
As you can see from the existing site, it is currently a boring sales letter style from the 2002 days of internet marketing. We are looking to relaunch the product and the site and therefore require a new home page with a more modern look & feel.
We do our own coding and are not experts at it, so a partially-coded HTML design is preferred.
- UPDATE: The simpler the better. The design should have content on the left and any additional blocks to the right. It should be obvious where we want readers to look first.
- UPDATE: A theme other than clouds - we have sufficient submissions with this theme and are looking for any new ideas. Tip, try a Google image search on 'wisdom' for inspiration.
- Tagline: making sense of life in a senseless world
- First content heading should be 'What is Your Purpose'
- A text block for a short blurb
- A text block for Testimonials
- Two or three columns (or different 'blocks' of content). Keep content on the left and any further blocks on the right.
- Easily expandable for additional content or links
- Feel free to suggest additional graphics - we will purchase stock art if required.
- Light or white background - no dark, sombre colors.
- UPDATE: after receiving a number of blue color schemes we are wondering whether a sunrise or sunset with an orange theme might work better. Any takers?
- For an image of the book cover, see: http://www.freshwisdom.com/images/f…wisdom.jpg (No requirement to use it though).
- Navigation links to be included (updated 07/21):
- About Fresh Wisdom (on 2 lines)
- Meet the Author
- Order Fresh Wisdom
- Get it Free
- Uncomfortable Questions (on 2 lines)Navigation tabs should have an 'alt' image i.e. they should change color when hovered over.
- Sites we like:- http://www.gaia.com/ : crisp and clean
- http://www.jackcanfield.com/ : but please no cheesy grin...
- http://www.stephencovey.com/ : again, no awful face shot...
- http://www.drwaynedyer.com/ : Really like the script font style.
- http://www.leapmovie.com/ : The cloud effect