Web server and database hosting, used by web and mobile app developers
1) Landing page. There is a small amount of text content explaining the site. A large, pleasant graphic is there, similar to some of the example sites. This reminds users that we are from the same web development community as many of those sites. The logo is there, with slogan line "Cloud CouchDB".
A menu (either header or sidebar, whatever looks good) links to other pages. For now, there are 4 links: Service, FAQ, Support, Company. But it would be helpful if the design had room for one or two more for the future. See the comparison websites, many have this format.
2. Content page. All pages besides the landing page use this format. It keeps the same theme, but there is more space for content. The same menu is available, perhaps with a different layout. The same footer is present too, again optionally modified if necessary.
In this page, please show this form, looking as friendly as possible. (You can change the label positions if you have a suggestion.)
First Name: ____________
Last Name: ____________
Subdomain: _________ .iriscouch.com
Email and Subdomain are required. All my users are web developers, so just a red * is fine, or whatever you recommend.
In the Sign Up form, users request the domain they want. I will use AJAX to check whether it is available or not. Therefore, I need some status information:
* Checking (maybe a spinner icon? maybe gray color?) -- the browser is checking via AJAX whether the domain is available.
* Available (maybe a check mark? maybe green?) -- the domain is available, the user knows to press Send
* Not available (maybe an x? maybe red?) -- the domain is not available and the user knows to try something else
Also please show an example of the following:
* H1, H2
* Body text
* Visited links
* Links with mouse hover
* Un-visited links
* Bullet list