We're a small dutch software company . We create internet concepts for fun and profit. We're young and fun-loving.
We're dedicated to delivering great sites, that means intuitive, beautiful and fast!
I'm looking for a design that I can use to build the site, not for help with every page.
Ask me anything, I'll be really active during the contest.
Dutch people who love books. No distinct age group, anyone is welcome. Expect intelligent people, but not all of them will have a lot of internet experience. Cater to people with bad/poor eyesight (13px and higher for fonts).
Typography is important, as the intended audience consists of avid readers.
People will be using older computers, so don't overdo the shadows, gradients, etc.
- I like drop shadows, gradients, etc, but don't overdo it. The page has to load fast.
- I prefer white/near white backgrounds.
- Good colors: brown, dark red, dark blue, light yellow.
- The design should feel like books.
The design should contain the following elements on every page:
- Footer with links like contact, about, etc.
- Single level top menu;
- Login (normal and facebook-connect);
- Search box
I will be needing the following reusable elements:
- An informational box with tips (like: add your facebook friends, or add gmail contacts, etc)
- Notification boxes for errors and notices;
- Vertical list with one image and two images;
- Tiled list of images with captions;
- A control for filtering/searching within a list
- Form with common elements;
- Context Menu;
I'll need three pages designed.
- The home page;
- The profile page for a user.
- A generic page;
The homepage will need these elements
- Promotional text about the site;
- A feed with recent activity, alike the vertical list with image design;
- 'Join now' button;
- A login button/link;
- The footer
The profile page for a user will need these elements
- Name in large font;
- The pictures of the user's friends and their names;
- Single level menu for the page;
The generic page is just that, it should allow some text to be placed (readable!).