Codify is a software engineering consultancy that also provides enterprise web hosting services for select customers. We pride ourselves on on-time delivery of scalable and reliable software systems (we have implemented some extremely large and scalable systems and sites for customers). We have an ability to work with extremely complex systems and environments. Our hosting services offer industry-leading levels of uptime and reliability.
The trademarked brand name is Codify.
We are looking for a home page design that is fresh and lively while retaining a professional feel.
The design should be extremely clear and concise and support the messaging that we are a capable and dependable organisation with an excellent track record.
Our site receives a lot of general traffic however our target audience is business decision makers who have gone to our site after a conversation, by clicking on a link in an e-mail signature, or by typing in a URL off a business card.
The relationship we have with a potential customer is a ‘make or break’ one where they will be ready to validate the choice of us as a service provider or software engineering consultancy having been referred to the site previously. This means their initial visit to the site might turn them away forever so the site design must achieve credibility immediately.
All messaging should be extremely clear and concise which the design should support the messaging that we are a capable and dependable organisation with an excellent track record.
All messaging should be extremely clear and concise and support the messaging that we are a capable and dependable organisation with an excellent track record.
You will be required to produce TWO page templates: Home Page and General Content Page
The templates should be delivered in Adobe Photoshop Document format with layers preserved. We will handle the mark up of the site into XHTML and integration with our CMS.
Name, logo and art files
We would like Codify as the company name everywhere in your design except for the footers and other copyright statements where you should use Codify Pty Ltd. NOTE: Our logo was recently redesigned (http://99designs.com/contests/10086) - The art files are available at http://www.codify.com/files/codifylogo
Home Page Template
The home page template should feature the following sections:
* Company news: This may be pointers to content on other areas of the site such as a recent case study, etc. These articles will be a subset of the posts made on the company blog.
* An introductory paragraph about Codify.
* A feature promotional spot so we can use to feature a particular product or service with an animated gif or similar.
General Content Page Template
* Demonstrate Three levels deep of heading with paragraph at the forth level (eg here http://www.codify.com/CommercialOut…dowsServer “Faces of Windows Server” is H1, “Development Team & Partners” is H2, and “Codify” and “George Patterson Y&R/Wunderman” are H3. Other text is normal body copy.
* Demonstrate a pull out quote.
* Demonstrate a photo/image with a caption.
Site hierarchy (for navigation):
* / = Home Page
* /aboutus = Will contain a few pages of contact details, legal, contact us form as per current site.
* /perspectives = Will contain the perspectives section as per current site.
* /casestudies = Will contain the commercialoutcomes/case studies as per current site.
* /softwareengineering = Will contain details of our software engineering services.
* /consultingservices = A new section containing information about our consulting.
* /hosting = Will contain details of our corporate web hosting services.
* /downloads = Will contain downloads and free utils as per current site but we will remove all the Google adsense stuff.
* /sitemap = Will contain our site map.
* Navigation must be consistent in behaviour across all pages.
* Navigation should be in the same place on all pages and not move around from page to page.
* Navigation must be on the left hand side of the page and you should show how it would work in an expand/collapse tree type scenario.
* All pages should feature an attractive masthead that includes the company logo. If the mast head is to include photography or other artwork then please think about ways we might be able to do something tricky in incorporating such imagery. We have the skills in-house to do image processing server side so, for example, we could write a script to serve up the mast head with a different image in it each time with the logo composited in place with alpha transparency etc. NOTE: You don’t have to do any of the coding here – just point out where you think we might be able to achieve a pleasing effect with our engineering resources applied to your design.
* Every page should have a ‘breadcrumbs’ feature where You are here: Home > Some Section > Some sub page, etc appears at the top of the page so users don’t get lost.
* All pages should feature the same footer links as per the current site.
* Ensure the design works at 1024 pixels wide with no horizontal scrolling. This means that no part of your design should be wider than 980 pixels to account for scrollbars and other browser UI elements.
- Do not use stock photography of people (esp tacky pictures of smiling people in suits shaking hands, etc)
- Do not make a layout that is fixed to a specific pixel perfect size. In general the layout should be able to extend vertically indefinitely.
- Do not use the logo on http://www.codify.com currently. Refer to the art files link above for the current logo.
- Do not use Flash/Java/Silverlight. The design must be able to be rendered satisfactorily in a standard browser so as to maximise audience reach.