AlFulk Translation and Publishing, is a recently launched publishing house. Its specialisation is to translate children and young adult literature from different languages into Arabic.
Its core goals are to enrich the Arabic library by providing variety of stories from different cultures and to expand the intercultural awareness of Arab children and young adult.
So far, we have translated and published 7 titles into Arabic; of which 4 were Italian, 2 Icelandic, and 1 English. The 6 other titles coming in November are translated from: Spanish, Dutch, and Korean.
1. Opening page (a single page with a creative image/typography/ or a mindnode map to show the lines to other pages --- THIS IS something I really want to have!) OR a normal home page: (e.g. includes: a. Header b. Slider c. Fold d. Body e. Footer CHECK https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/273375)
2. AlFulk page (information about AlFulk; example: The concept behind the name & logo + Goals + The Founder + ...etc) + Contact form (include name + email + Captcha or anti spam feature -I am a reader
3. e-commerce page (list of bookcovers with basic info below + two small icons 1- Adopt the book 2- Buy the book ---- Please note that both option means adding the book to a shopping cart - i know this is technical but i need you to consider the cart icon)
4. Adopt a book page contains info about it: a. the author b. the illustrator c. the translator d. the partner + a sign to show its original language & the country + award list if available + A video space+ a link to its goodreads page.
5. Reader's shelf page: a social place in which a reader add the books s/he own from our publications + her/his wish list + her/his reviews + reply or comment icon ((very similar to a blog style with additional bookshelf with it))
Gradient of Blue (our logo colours) background: white.
Please keep in mind that the website will be in Arabic; which means the reading and writing goes from right to left .
I don't prefer too much of scrolling in my website.
My personal prefernce is to have a minimalist style, however, remember AlFulk books covers children (0-4) to young adults books. So, I'm not sure 100% if that would be right - though parents, teachers, librarians and other publishers and business partners would be viewing the website too..
You are the designer!
I stated above what i need but if I noticed that you are developing a better idea I can adopt it.
I will be updating the brief to explain myself to all whenever is needed. Also, i'll be posting links and/or adding images whenever is needed. You don't have to follow that, but i'll keep it as a point of reference for you.
From my side, i'll be watching closely throughout the process and will announce when i'm online to communicate instantly to designers who prefers instant feedback.