Within the next 12 months LakeHomes.com will be the web's #1 destination for lake home buyers and sellers, and a completely new design is the next step in that evolution. We already have the homepage, and now it's time for the easier pages.
We're looking for a clean, simple design that's easy to use -- something that is sophisticated but applicable to all, not one that says that the site is only for people above a certain income level. It should be a classic look (though possibly with some modern touches) rather than a completely modern look.
We're *not* looking for a "Web 2.0" look.
The winning designer will have the opportunity to work for us on a contract basis designing other pages for the site and other elements.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
This site is targeted exclusively to lake home buyers & sellers and the real estate agents who service them -- a group of people almost exclusively over 30 (and skewing much older than that on average), so it needs to inspire confidence in an older demographic.
We have uploaded two files: the new homepage and the *first* version of a Property Details page. You are making a small redesign to the Property Details page.
We need these changes made to the Property Details page:
1. Add the rich colors of the homepage somehow, maybe in the background of the page. Right now everything is so white, it feels cold.
2. Stick with the three menu items that we have on the homepage design. Those are the only three we ever need. If you like, you can highlight the appropriate one for the section we’re in (“Buy a Lake Home” in this case).
3. The “Request Information” link needs to be much more prominent.
4. It feels like we’re highlighting the Additional Features, when it actually should be the opposite. Most people won’t look at those, so they need to be more subtle.
5. The map works fine. We don’t need text above it, though, since everyone knows what it’s showing.
6. The amount of data we have for a Property will vary significantly from house to house and state to state, so as much as possible the design needs to look good with just a little data or a whole lot.
7. One alternate way to display everything might be to have the images on the left where they are now and move the map into the gray box to separate the important data fields from the Additional Details.
Do NOT remove anything from the first version except as noted above.