Less than one second! With so little time to make a positive first impression on a visitor, this site could benefit from better overall design and layout. Can you help? http://www.BudgetOrlandoTravel.com
Multiple winners are possible. If we select more than one design to build and test, we will issue multiple prizes.
Thank you for your interest.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
BudgetOrlandoTravel.com markets affordable Orlando Florida vacation package options. The site is considering new designs and layouts and the most important elements are:
- Positive First Impression – present a clean, professional, familiar, travel/commerce website*
- Horizontal Offer Layout - enables consumers to quickly compare the offers above the fold
- Clear Call to Action – each offers needs to include a “Check Availability” hotlink (blue underline text) or button as a user next step and measure toolDesigns should rework the current website “Packages” page http://www.budgetorlandotravel.com/…kages.html
IMPORTANT NOTE - that page currently only features two (2) offers stacked vertically. For the new design, please add a third offer (ok to just display the 2nd offer again) as we often must support a total of three (3) offers per page. Also, the new design should lay out the three offers horizontally on the page (versus the current vertical) for easier user comparison and to enable more content above the fold.
Key components of the design are below:
- Nothing in the current graphical design is sacred
- Use the current site navigation elements: Home, Rooms, Packages, Theme Parks, Activities, Last Minute, and About Us
- Use the current intro copy found on the current Packages page
- Add a third package (just copy the 2nd and use it again as a place holder) as we often support three (3) offers per page
- Layout the offers side by side horizontally on the page as it enables better side by side comparison and keeps more content above the fold
- Ok to list the identical offer inclusions (theme park ticket bullet for example) just once on the page as it’s the same in all three packages. This should help simplify user understanding of what is different and what is common among the three offers.
- Hotel names should remain hyper links to the hotel pop-up boxes
- Include the flash photo box(s) from the current layout
- Each offers needs to include a “Check Availability” hotlink (blue underline text) or button as a user next step and measurement tool
- You can leave the current bottom copy and navigation. We are most concerned with the overall graphical and package layout/presentation. *We know site visitors spend 99.99% of their time on sites other than ours. Taking inspiration from popular sites with common design elements would help create the clean, professional, familiar, travel/commerce feeling we are seeking for our site visitors. Specific elements:
- Prominent (travel) imagery as a key focal point
- Rounded corners and a 1 pixel boarder of images and site component sections
- Gradient color use in the headers and sections over white backgroundsHighly trafficked sites featuring many of these common and desired elements include: