We are looking for a clean, artistic, and exciting WEB 2.0 design for the official website launch of our artist Irena Hart. The site will be blog based and should be simple, attractive, and clear to navigate and understand.... it should also be visually engaging and capture the vibe of Irena Hart. We are not looking for a crazy magazine theme or a corporate theme... this is a contest for creativity! $500 for winning design... an additional $350 to convert it to a wordpress theme! (see brief for details on theme coding)
After some team consultation... we realized we had not made the specification that there need to be at least 3 header pictures for the winning design.... The layout for the header can be the same but we need 3 versions of the header with a different picture of Irena in each... when people reload the website the header picture will change. This way there are 3 photos that will rotate when people visit the site.... get as creative as you want... or as simple... we just need 3 of the supplied photos to each have their own version of the header. Please upload with your alternate header images. We will be extending the contest by a couple days to allow time to do this... it will also cause the prize to increase. Thank you for your hard work.
We are looking for a clean, artistic, and exciting WEB 2.0 design for the official website launch of our artist Irena Hart. The site will be blog based and should be simple, attractive, and clear to navigate and understand.... it should also be visually engaging and capture the vibe of Irena Hart. Most of the sites we like are uncluttered... we are not looking for a crazy magazine theme or a corporate theme... this is for an up and coming musical artist. Please share your creativity and thoughts... though we have certain features we need functionally... we are open to artistic ideas.. push the envelope.. the only caveat is that it must work as a wordpress theme and the blog itself is the main feature.
The site will attract her growing fan base and be a place where they can engage in a conversation and feel they are a part of her success. They will be able to join her "Community" (via http://www.ning.com) and have their faces posted in a small image section on her right sidebar... as well as comment on posts and have there own page... We need it to feel that every time you visit the site you are being engaged... even from the moment you look at the header you will see her latest twitter feed. We love the simple yet effective layout at http://www.ryanleslie.com . The site is perhaps too simple graphically... but it is so easy to understand, the layout is very well integrated, and it allows him to convey his message.We have included a link below to her images... including her debut album being released this summer... the website can use the images and the vibe... We would like the website to reflect the Album but be "about" than this actual album. Irena also runs a Non-Profit benefitting homeless Youth which she started...
you can view it here: http://www.harmony4kidz.org ... it would be great to have a banner or some way to encourage people to visit that site as well.
Irena Hart Images can be downloaded from here: http://www.irenahart.com/irena_prom…esigns.zip
In the folder of images there is a script graphic which says Irena Hart... we are NOT locked into to that script graphic... It has not been used anywhere... feel free to create something new and better if it moves you and works better for the site.
You can listen to some of her music here: http://www.irenahart.com
We are looking for:
Wordpress Theme Template
TECH SPECS FOR DESIGN:
- Wordpress Format
* Widget Ready
* SEO Optimized
* 2 Fixed Width Columns (Blog On Left, Sidebar on Right)
* Banner Pic which can change each time someone visits the page
* Space to have a Video in the Banner or an Add... like http://www.pinkspage.com/us/home
* Twitter in header -or- somewhere prominent near top of page
* RSS feed graphic in Header or Nav Bar or near top of page - Nav Bar for pages
* Enough room for additional pages -or- creative way for that option otherwise
* Nav bar should have a mouse roll over effect (changes colors/getslighter/something).. use your creativity
- PRESS/NEWS - CONTACT
- MP3 player subtly integrated into the page.. could be pop up window or small and intgrated (in nav bar or right column)... autoloads but does NOT autoplay... something simple and elegant to add additional files to.... see http://www.commonmarketmusic.com/ for an example of a possible placement... we would like it to have Next Track, Previous Track, Play/Pause, Volume buttons.
- Blog Column
* Love the date tags and cleanliness of this theme... the graphics and vibe are wrong.. but the layout of the blog posts with the border around the pics and the graphic element seperating each post is great. http://wpbest.com/themes/press75/urban-elements/
- Right Sidebar
* most popular posts in sidebar
* Somewhere near top of page for them to enter their email address to be added to our email list.. we use zookoda.com for our email list database.
* Small fan profile pics from our ning network with a space showing the last 5 most recent posts by them. kinda like http://mix.epicfu.com/
* Space for small vertical banner add in sidebar (could be ads or our own banner or a show flyer)
* search form for website near top of sidebar or page...
* Iconic Social buttons for our other pages on various sites.. (twitter, myspace, facebook, imeem, reverbnation, youtube, last.fm, blip.tv, Etc)
* subscribe links... see http://wpbest.com/themes/press75/urban-elements/ and the live demo to see an example of the subscribe links at the bottom.
* Of course we will need an archive section at the bottom... categorized by date.
* somewhere we want to have a button/icon which they can click to tell there friends... it is going to take them to a page which allows them to enter their login info for their email account and have an email invite sent to their friends.
* CONNECT TO FACEBOOK app button somewhere in layout of site... you can see it on http://www.ryanleslie.com
* drop down menu to select language for page.
here are a list of blogs which are great examples... I'll give my reasons for each
All around awesome site... the layout is probably too plain / boring for your needs... but the simplicity and well thought out / executed content is fabulous.. the best example I have seen so far. Check out his videos... read the postings.. twitter posts at the top of the page.. engaging... he has a large fan base created by very smart web marketing... this is really an example of how to do it.
Pinks site is fun and fresh... the colors are nice... the layout is a but jumbled... but thats pink.
This site has so much going for it... fan integration, cool design, calendar + social buttons in the sidebar
Very simple blog... keeps fans updated... they tour regularly.. and post content about all their activities.. from social to political to shows etc.
Very clean well though out blog.. very good functionality... great content... links are great... a bit too busy... but corporate is his audience
Very well designed site... great colors.. clean... a little too magazine'ish for us... but well thought out.
PRIZES:The design aspect of the contest has a guaranteed prize of $500.00There is an additional $350 for anyone who is able to convert it to a working wordpress theme which is widget ready and the theme to a template and incorporate our functionality listed in the brief. This will be paid after the coding has been completed via PayPal.
If you are interested in coding please supply at least 3 designs you have coded for us to see.
DELIVERABLES:We need the final graphic layout to be delivered as a PSD file, along will all fonts, and stock artwork you used.The final coded theme will take a bit more doing... if you are interested in this aspect of the contest please let us know and we can discuss it in detail with you. Thanks.
OVERVIEW OF WEBSITE FORMAT:1. http://www.ryanleslie.com/
- Item 1...Creative Design- Item 2...Wordpress Formated, Widget Ready, SEO Optimized, w3c compliant if you are coding as well- Item 3...Banner on Top with space for Video or Ad- Item 4...Iconic buttons for RSS and Social Media- Item 5...Music player integrated into header or near top of page- Item 6...Navigation Bar (with flash roll over) with categories listed in brief with space for more.- Item 7...Sidebar should have various features listed in brief- Item 8...Blog be main feature- Item 9...Simple, Effective, and Artistically Representational of Irena Hart- Item 10...Someone who want to do great work and have it shown around the world- Item 11...Contest winner Layout delivered in PSD format
- Item 1...corporate themes- Item 2...boring themes- Item 3...magazine themes- Item 4...cookie cutter design work- Item 5...cluttered layout