I need a new template/graphical elements for an existing website.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We have a website already (aqute.com), I want to update it. The ultimate goal is to bring a polish to our current website, to make the difference between amateur and professional. Rather than to change it completely for a radical new design.
The design should reflect the fact that we are a serious research/consulting company. Our style is simple and concise and we try to avoid jargon and complex consultancy concepts.
- Ideally, I want updated design elements that I can fit easily into the current structure, so that I don't need to do major coding. In the final deliverable, I will want the individual elements such as buttons/menu options etc to be able to use them.
- The design should be simple, professional, elegant, slightly informal. As an example, I like oando.co.uk - but obviously don't copy that and don't feel at all bound by it. I also like 99designs.com.
- In our documents and client deliverables, we use flat dark blue (RGB 0, 0, 102) as our standard colour, so you could use that instead of the current blue that is on the website.
- Keep ://Aqute Research.
- I don't want garish, nothing complicated that will require heavy coding.
- I don't want stock images, in fact I don’t think I want any images beyond the client logos that are already on our website.