Our website has been in its current form for several years. Although feedback from visitors suggests that it is user-friendly and easy to navigate, it is looking quite dated. We would like to replace the site with a more modern look. We don't particularly want to change the structure of the website but just give it a fresher look.
Trevor Roberts Associates
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We want a new look for our current website http://www.tra-ltd.co.uk. We don't want the site to be radically different from the current one because we would like it to still be recognisable to existing clients.
We deliver training and consultancy services for local government in the UK. Our clients are cost-conscious so we don't want the site to look "too expensive".
We have recently commissioned a new logo (see http://tra-ltd.co.uk/TRA_Final.gif ) and we would like the site to incorporate the new logo and for the overall style of the site to be complimentary to that of the logo.
We require Photoshop .PSD files. Please deliver your design consisting of templates for both homepage and a regular content page.
- we want to present an image which is professional, confident and solid
- colour scheme - the new logo can be used in B&W or a variety of colours. We have not fixed on a colour scheme yet and intend to go with whatever shceme is used in the new website. We are open to suggestions, but our initial thought is to go with a blue scheme (either toning shades or a main blue plus a contrasting colour for minor details)
- logo/company name - the logo can be used with or without the company name and with company name in lower case or title case
- strapline - the design should incorporate the strapline "specialists in trianing and consultancy services for local government"
- we would like to incorporate photos eventually so page should include space for these
- regular content page - this will contain much more text than the home page so simple design needed - see existing website for typical content
- navigation - we would like to maintain the left navigation but have fewer options permanently visible, with sub-menus appearing as you click on a main menu option eg ( http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/flyo…level.html ) We envisage around 8-10 fixed options with sub-menus coming off. Probably up to 3 levels of sub-menu needed.
- we don't want anything too flashy
- we don't want anything over-stylised - and this should be reflected in the choice of font - keep it simple
- we don't want a cluttered homepage - stick with logo, news headlines and not much more
- we don't want multiple columns of content text in the same page as this can be distracting - one main column or with perhaps a right-hand promo column preferred